AGE RESTRICTIONS - How old must you be to attend?
No one under the age of 18, including infants and toddlers, will be permitted to attend the seminars or exposition at any time. Proof of ID may be required.
AIRPORT & TRANSPORTATION - What is the closest airport to the Navy Pier and what transportation services are available?
The following airports are in close proximity to the Navy Pier:
Midway International Airport (MDW) (12.7 miles; 20 minutes)
O’Hare International Airport (ORD) (18.9 miles; 30 minutes)
Gary-Chicago International Airport (GYY) (27.4 miles; 40 minutes)
Shuttles and taxis are available at the airport on a first come- first served basis. The Navy Pier recommends several options for transportation and parking. For more information, please visit their website.
ATTENDEE LIST - How can I obtain a pre-and post show attendee list?
You may order a pre-show attendee list through the Marketing Package order form. A post-show list will automatically be provided after the conference.
BADGES (exhibitors) – How can I register our booth personnel? How many badges is our company eligible for and what do they give us access to.
Three (3) badges will be allotted per 10'x10' booth space. Additional badges will be available for purchase. Individual exhibit personnel can click here to register. Booth Contacts should use side menu and select Exhibitor Login to access all registration/housing services, to include badge registration.
BUDGET - How do I work with a tight budget?
- Always order your services before the discount deadlines.
- Consolidate your freight and shrink wrap it to avoid additional material handling charges.
- For large groups use shuttle transportation rather than individual taxi service.
- Always bring back up supplies so you don’t have to rent them for a premium at the show.
- Some items are more cost effective to bring on your own rather than renting them repeatedly at every show. (i.e. power strips, extension cords, artificial plants, waste basket, etc.)
- Consider the costs of rental displays, carpet and booth furnishing versus shipping and material handling charges for your own display.
- Meet your freight target times (if applicable), and instruct your drivers to check in at the marshaling yard before the deadline time noted in the service manual to avoid additional surcharges.
- For larger booths - ship hanging signs and carpet in advance to allow for straight-time installation when possible.
CONFERENCE SCHEDULE - Where can I find a schedule of events?
The schedule of events is available online.
CONTACTS - Who are my key contacts as an exhibitor?
Arina Kravets Exhibit Operations 703-631-6200 ext. 3873
Craig Baker Exhibit Sales 703-631-6200 ext. 3942
Registration Attendee/Exhibitor Registration 703-449-6418
Freeman Official Show Decorator 773-473-7080
COSTS - What other costs can I expect in addition to my booth space?
Most Exhibitors will incur/need:
Material Handling/Drayage charges
Additional Booth furniture (i.e. draped tables, chairs, etc.)
Prices are available in the exhibitor service manual.
DEADLINES – What deadlines do I need to keep in mind as an exhibitor?
Most deadlines fall 30-45 days in advance of the first day of the conference. A deadline checklist is available in the exhibitor service manual.
DEMOGRAPHICS – What is the demographic breakdown of attendees?
Please click here for more information. If you have any questions please contact Craig Baker at 703-631-6200 ext. 3942.
DRESS CODE - What is the dress code for booth personnel?
Business professional is always welcome, but khakis and company logo polo-shirt are acceptable.
EXHIBITOR LIST - Who is exhibiting this year?
Visit our website to see a current list of exhibitors and an interactive floor plan.
EXHIBITOR MANUAL – When will I receive my exhibitor manual?
The exhibitor service manual is now available online.
EXPOSITION SCHEDULE – What are this year’s move-in, move-out and show hours?
The schedule is tentative and subject to change. Please check back frequently for updates. A formal schedule will be posted in the exhibitor service manual in February 2011.
Tuesday, April 12, 2011 1:00PM - 5:00PM
Wednesday, April 13, 2011 7:30AM - 10:00AM (ADJUSTMENTS ONLY!)
Wednesday, April 13, 2011 11:45AM - 3:15PM
Thursday, April 14, 2011 11:45AM - 3:15PM
Thursday, April 14, 2011 3:15PM - 6:00PM
EXHIBIT SPACE - What is included in the space charge?
- Display Space
- 8’ high draped back wall and 36” high draped side rails
- Aisle and Booth Carpet. Exhibitors may carpet over their provided booth carpet at their own expense (color TBD).
- One (1) standard 6' draped table
- One (1) wastebasket
- Company identification sign - 7”x44”
- General exhibit hall lighting and heating/air conditioning. Air conditioning will be on during show days only, not during move-in or move-out.
- General exhibit hall perimeter security service
- Three (3) conference badges per 10'x10' booth space
- Company listing on web site and in final program (limit: 50 words), if submitted by program deadline.
- Complimentary post show attendee mailing list (will be emailed automatically).
HOTEL RESERVATIONS - How can I make hotel reservations? What are cut-off dates and what are the room rates?
Please click here for housing information and to reserve hotel rooms.
REGISTRATION - How do I register to be an attendee at Affordable Meetings®?
Registration is now available. Registration is open to qualified meeting planners and exhibitors. Exhibitors are welcome to attend seminars. Exhibitor badges grant access to all official conference events. Suppliers may not register or attend if they are affiliated with a non-exhibiting hotel, meeting facility, special event facility, resort, conference/convention center, CVB, chamber of commerce, a/v company, or any other industry supplier. Confirmation of registration is subject to HSMAI's approval based upon review of the information provided during registration and admission may be denied to those deemed ineligible for any reason.
RESERVING EXHIBIT SPACE - How do I sign up to exhibit at Affordable Meetings®?
You can sign up to exhibit for the Affordable Meetings series using the following applications.
Affordable Meetings® Mid-America application
Affordable Meetings® West application
Affordable Meetings® National application
Event Technology Expo (ETE) at Affordable Meetings® National application
Please contact Craig Baker at 703-631-6200 ext. 3942 with any questions.
SHUTTLE BUSES - Is there shuttle bus service available from my hotel to the Navy Pier?
There will not be any shuttle services available. Hotels are within walking distance of the Navy Pier Festival Halls. For information regarding preferred methods of public transportation in the area, please visit the Navy Pier website.
SPONSORSHIPS – What type of sponsorships are available?
There are many sponsorship opportunities and packages available for the Affordable Meetings® series. For details, please contact Craig Baker at 703-631-6200 ext. 3942.
This show is for the trade only. Individuals who cannot document their direct, professional affiliation to the trade will not be admitted.
Anyone observed to be soliciting business in the aisles or other public areas, or in the booth of another company, will be asked to leave immediately. Additional penalties may also be applied. Please report any violations to Show Management.
Please wear your badge at all official show functions.
No wheeled carts or bags will be permitted in the exhibit hall during exposition hours.
We reserve the right to revoke the badge and show privileges of anyone exhibiting inappropriate behavior. We expect professional conduct to be maintained at all times.