HSMAI's Affordable Meetings® Mid-America
April 2012, Chicago, IL
Plans are well underway for Mid-America 2012.
Look for more information soon.
Mid-America 2011 details below.
Scheduled events are subject to change
Onsite Registration Hours
Wednesday, 8:30 a.m. – 3:45 p.m.
Thursday, 7:00 a.m. – 3:45 p.m.
Festival Hall A
HSMAI’s Affordable Meetings® Mid-America is open to all qualified persons involved in the planning and production of meetings, conventions, trade shows, events, reunions, group and incentive travel, and to the general and trade press.
Thanks to the support of the exhibitors, partners and sponsors, registration is only $25 for qualified meeting and event professionals through April 12.
After April 12, the onsite rate of $50 will apply.
(Workshops require a separate registration and fee. See Workshop descriptions for details).
Wednesday, 11:45 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
Thursday, 11:45 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
Festival Hall A
Attendee and Exhibitor Networking Lunch
A complimentary networking luncheon will be served on both days of the show starting at 11:45 a.m. but don’t wait in line – lunch will be available until at least 1:00 p.m. Make the most of your exposition time and come back after meeting with some exhibitors to connect with your colleagues and friends in the industry.
Wednesday, 11:45 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Thursday, 11:45 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Festival Hall A
As a post-event resource to enable you to continue your education,
all attendees at the conference will have online access to each speaker’s onsite presentation and handouts.
Additional details will be provided via email by April 29, 2011
- HSMAI's Affordable Meetings is only open to qualified meeting & event planners.
This show is for the trade only. Individuals who cannot document their direct, professional affiliation to the trade will not be admitted.
- Suppliers may not register or attend if they are affiliated with a non-exhibiting hotel, meeting facility, special event facility, resort, conference/convention center, CVB, chamber of commerce, a/v company, or any other industry supplier. Confirmation of registration is subject to HSMAI's approval based upon review of the information provided during registration and admission may be denied to those deemed ineligible for any reason.
- Anyone observed to be soliciting business in the aisles or other public areas, or in another company booth will be asked to leave immediately. Additional penalties may also be applied. Please report any violations to Show Management.
- Please wear your badge at all official show functions.
- No wheeled carts or bags will be permitted in the exhibit hall during exposition hours.
- Dress is business casual.
- No one under the age of 18, including infants and toddlers, will be permitted to attend the seminars or exposition at any time. Proof of ID may be required.
- We reserve the right to revoke the badge and show privileges of anyone exhibiting inappropriate behavior. We expect professional conduct to be maintained at all times.
The conference sessions can be used for continuing education required for various certifications, including the Certified Meeting Professional (CMP). Onsite, there will be a form in the conference program to help you to track your session attendance. Please use it and save it at home in your personal continuing education file. Affordable Meetings will not track attendance information and is unable to provide information on your past years’ participation. For specific information on how the CMP program counts contact hours (not CEUs), please visit the Convention Industry Council’s (CIC) online at www.conventionindustry.org.
The Navy Pier
600 East Grand Ave.
Chicago, IL 60611
Directions to the Pier via car: http://www.navypier.com/visit_us/directions.html
Public Transportation: http://www.navypier.com/visit_us/pub_trans.html
Parking at the Pier: http://www.navypier.com/visit_us/parking.html
Things to See and Do: http://www.navypier.com/din_shop/din_shop_home.html