HSMAI's MEET National
September 7-8, 2011
Walter E. Washington Convention Center, Washington, DC
Onsite Registration Hours
Wednesday 7:00 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Thursday 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
East Registration Area
HSMAI’s MEET National is open to all qualified persons involved in the planning and production of meetings, conventions, trade shows, events, reunions, group and incentive travel, and to the general and trade press. Meeting planners register as attendees.
Wednesday 1:15 p.m. – 3:45 p.m.
Thursday 12:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Exhibit Hall D
Attendee Networking Luncheon
A networking luncheon will be served on both days of the show. Relax and spend time with your colleagues and friends in the industry. Your daily luncheon ticket will allow you to choose service from one of the food stations which will be available from 11:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday in Ballroom C, and Thursday, from 12:00 p.m. to 1:15 p.m. in Exhibit Hall D.
- HSMAI’s MEET is only open to qualified meeting & event planners.
- This show is for the trade only. Individuals who cannot document their direct, professional affiliation to the trade will not be admitted.
- Suppliers may not register or attend if they are affiliated with a non-exhibiting hotel, meeting facility, special event facility, resort, conference/convention center, CVB, chamber of commerce, a/v company, or any other industry supplier. Confirmation of registration is subject to HSMAI’s approval based upon review of the information provided during registration and admission may be denied to those deemed ineligible for any reason.
- Anyone observed to be soliciting business in the aisles or other public areas, or in another company booth will be asked to leave immediately. Additional penalties may also be applied. Please report any violations to Show Management.
- Please wear your badge at all official functions.
- No wheeled carts or bags will be permitted in the exhibit hall during exposition hours.
- Dress is business casual.
- No one under the age of 18, including infants and toddlers, will be permitted to attend the sessions or exposition at any time. Proof of ID may be required.
- We reserve the right to revoke the badge and show privileges of anyone exhibiting inappropriate behavior. We expect professional conduct to be maintained at all times.
MEET University’s pre-show presentations and handouts are available for registered attendees at http://tinyurl.com/4xnb5ek. Login with your ECode (issued within 24 hours after you have registered). Search “Sessions” by clicking on the Session tab at the top of page. Select a session and the Handout(s) are available at the very bottom of the session description. (Some sessions may not have handouts). As a post-event resource to enable you to continue your education, all attendees at the conference will have online access to each speaker’s onsite presentation and handouts. Additional details will be provided via email by October 3, 2011.
The sessions can be used for continuing education required for various certifications, including the Certified Meeting Professional (CMP). Onsite, there will be a form in the show directory to help you to track your session attendance. Please use it and save it at home in your personal continuing education file. HSMAI’s MEET will not track attendance information and is unable to provide information on your past years’ participation. For specific information on how the CMP program counts contact hours (not CEUs), please visit the Convention Industry Council’s (CIC) online at www.conventionindustry.org.
Walter E. Washington Convention Center
801 Mount Vernon Place, NW
Washington, DC 20001
Directions to the Center via airport, metro, car or shuttle: http://www.dcconvention.com/directions.aspx
Parking at the Center: http://www.dcconvention.com/parking.aspx
Things to See and Do: http://destinationdc.org/