LOCATION OF 2017 NIGP FORUM – Where is the exhibit hall located?
Halls D & E
Salt Palace Convention Center
100 S. W. Temple
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Salt Palace Convention Center Website
AIRPORT & TRANSPORTATION - What is the closest airport to the convention center and what ground transportation services are available?
The closest major airport to Salt Lake City, Utah is Salt Lake City International Airport. (SLC). This airport is 6.4 miles from the center of Salt Lake City.
Taxi Service & Public Transportation Options
CONTACTS - Who are my key contacts as an exhibitor?
Lauren Turosik Exhibit Operations 703-667-5701
Bradley Eubank Exhibit Sales/Sponsorships 703-995-2562
NIGP Registration Attendee/Exhibitor Registration 800-FOR-NIGP ext. 242
AGE RESTRICTIONS - Are there any age restrictions to get into the exhibit hall?
No one under age 18 is permitted in the exhibit hall during move in or move out hours. During exhibit hours, children will require a badge to access the exhibit hall. Please see registration for badge information.
ATTENDEE LIST - How can I receive a pre and post Forum attendee list?
A pre-registered attendee list will be emailed (automatically) to the booth key contact approximately three (3) weeks prior to the show. A complete post show attendee list will be emailed (automatically) approximately three (3) weeks after the show to the booth key contact.
BADGES (exhibitor) - How can I register our booth personnel? How many badges is our company eligible for and what do the give us access to?
Exhibitor Registration will open in May 2017. Please check back for update. Your company will receive one (1) full conference badge and two (2) exhibitor/exhibit hall only badges (per 10'x10' space.) The full conference badge will allow access to all educational sessions and exhibit hall. No meals, except for the exhibit hall lunch, are included. Additional badges and tickets to social functions will be available in advance for purchase. The badge allotment is subject to change.
Exhibitor Badge Registration Schedule will be available in Summer 2017.
BUDGET - How do I work with a tight budget?
- Always order your services before the discount deadlines.
- Consolidate your freight and shrink wrap it to avoid additional material handling charges.
- For large groups use shuttle transportation rather than individual taxi service.
- Always bring back up supplies so you don’t have to rent them for a premium at the show.
- Some items are cheaper to bring on your own rather than renting them over and over again at every show. (i.e. power strips, extension cords, artificial plants, trash can etc.)
- Consider the costs of rental displays, carpet and booth furnishing versus shipping and material handling charges for your own display.
- Meet your freight target times (if applicable), and instruct your drivers to check in at the marshaling yard before the deadline time noted in the service manual to avoid additional surcharges.
- For larger booths - ship hanging signs and carpet in advance to allow for straight-time installation when possible.
CONFERENCE SCHEDULE - Where can I find the conference schedule?
A Schedule-at-a-Glance is available on the NIGP Forum website.
COSTS - What other costs can I expect in addition to my booth space?
Most Exhibitors will Incur/Need:
Material Handling/Drayage Charges
Booth Furniture (i.e. carpet, draped tables, chairs, etc.)
Pricing can be found in the Exhibitor Service Manual which will be available in May 2017.
DEADLINES - What deadlines do I need to keep in mind as an exhibitor?
Deadlines will be available in May 2017. Most deadlines fall 30-45 days in advance of the first day of the Expo. Please note, the deadline for your information to be included in the printed exhibitor directory is Tuesday, August 1, 2017.
DEMOGRAPHICS - What is the demographic breakdown of attendees?
Please contact Bradley Eubank at 703-995-2562 for attendee demographic information.
DRESS CODE - What is the dress code for booth personnel?
Business professional is always welcome, but khakis and company logo polo-shirt is acceptable.
EXHIBITOR LIST - Who is exhibiting this year?
Visit our website to see a current list of exhibiting companies and an interactive floor plan.
EXHIBITOR SERVICE MANUAL – When will I receive my Exhibitor Service Manual?
The Exhibitor Service Manual will be available in May 2017.
EXHIBIT HALL SCHEDULE - What are the exhibit hall hours for 2017?
The exhibits will be located at the Salt Palace Convention Center.
Tentative exhibits schedule is as follows:
Exhibitor Move In
Saturday, August 26 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sunday, August 27 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Sunday, August 27 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Monday, August 28 10:00 AM – 1:30 PM
Exhibitor Move Out
Monday, August 28 1:30 PM – 5:30 PM
Please note: This schedule is subject to change.
EXHIBIT SPACE - What is included with my exhibit space fee?
- Display Space
- 8’ high draped back wall and 36” high draped side rails.
- Aisle Carpet (Only the aisles will carpeted. Individual booths must be carpeted. You may provide your own floor covering or services for individual booth carpet can be ordered from the official decorator.
- Company identification sign - 7”x44”.
- General exhibit hall lighting and heating/air conditioning. Air conditioning will be on during show days only, not during move in or move out.
- General exhibit hall perimeter security service.
- (1) Conference registration and (2) Exhibit Hall Only badges will be allotted per 10x10 space. The badge allotment is subject to change.
- Company listing on web site and in final program (limit: 50 words).
- A pre-registered attendee list will be emailed (automatically) to the booth key contact approximately three (3) weeks prior to the show. A complete post show attendee list will be emailed (automatically) approximately three (3) weeks after the show to the booth key contact.
HOTEL RESERVATIONS - How can I make hotel reservations? What are cut-off dates and what are the room rates?
The Hilton Salt Lake City Center, Holiday Inn Express Salt Lake City Downtown, and Salt Lake Marriott Downtown at City Creek are the contracted hotels for the 2017 Forum. All Forum related activities will be held at the Salt Palace Convention Center. Reserve your room early at the special NIGP rate to enjoy the convenience of staying at the host venue where no transportation is necessary to access Forum activities. Remember that your patronage at these hotels makes it possible for NIGP to honor its contractual obligations, thus keeping registration fees down.
Be aware that it is not unusual for housing wholesalers to contact convention attendees claiming to offer great deals on hotels during the convention dates. Please be advised that NIGP has no affiliation with these room brokers and attendees opting for alternatives offered by these wholesalers may be at risk.
There are two methods to make your reservation endorsed by NIGP: Call Orchid Event Solutions toll free at 888-665-1372 or make your reservation online.
Hilton Salt Lake City Center
255 South West Temple
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
NIGP discount room rate: $179.00 per night
Holiday Inn Express Salt Lake City Downtown
206 South West Temple
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
NIGP discount room rate: $169.00 per night
Salt Lake Marriott Downtown at City Creek
75 South West Temple
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
NIGP discount room rate: $184.00 per night
For questions regarding housing, email email@example.com
REGISTRATION (FORUM) - How do I register for Forum?
Attendee registration is now open. Click here to register. Exhibitor registration is expected to open in May 2017.
SHUTTLE BUSES - Is there shuttle bus service available from my hotel to the convention center?
There will not be any shuttle service available.
SPECIAL EVENTS - Are there any special events? Where and when do they take place?
Please visit the Forum website for information on special event at the 2017 Forum.