HSMAI's MEET University
September 5-6, 2012
Walter E. Washington Convention Center, Washington DC
Meeting & Event Planning Back to Basics Workshop
September 5-6, 2012
Wednesday: 9:00 am-5:00 pm (break for Expo/Lunch)
Thursday: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm (break for Expo/Lunch)
$149 per attendee *Registration includes Expo/Lunch/Workshop
Workshop Leader: Vicky A. Betzig, CMP
HSMAI’s MEET National is hosting a two-day Back to Basics Workshop – an affordable way for you to participate in a thorough review of all meeting management functions. Whether new to the meeting management field, or a veteran looking for a “refresher” course, this intensive workshop will make sure you have the tools you need to professionally and successfully plan and execute meetings and events.
This highly-interactive workshop will provide an in-depth review of how to master the various aspects of meeting planning and management, including:
- Determining meeting goals and objectives
- Designing programs/content to meet your targeted audience’s needs
- Budgeting and financial management, including ways to cut costs without sacrificing quality
- Site/facility selection that match your meeting’s goals and objectives (from RFP development to site/facility inspections)
- Reviewing and negotiating facility contracts
- Marketing your meeting
- Selecting and managing speakers
- Managing housing reservations and attendee registration
- Developing comprehensive meeting specifications (meeting room set-ups, audiovisual equipment, other vendor specifications, etc.) and communicating effectively with facilities and suppliers
- Planning and managing food and beverage events (with an emphasis on providing stellar F&B without breaking your budget)
- Planning for contingencies and emergencies
- On-site meeting management (from pre-planning to customer service and troubleshooting).
- Measuring and demonstrating your meeting’s return on investment (ROI)
After participating in this workshop, attendees will:
- Understand the meeting management process and its components.
- Be able to implement valuable tips and techniques to improve all aspects of meeting management.
- Increase their level of professionalism when planning meetings.