Exhibitor & Sponsor Frequently Asked Questions
AGE RESTRICTIONS - Are there any age restrictions to get into the exhibit hall?
No one under the age of 18 is allowed in the exhibit hall at any time.
AIRPORT & TRANSPORTATION - What is the closest airport to the Walter E. Washington Convention Center and what transportation is available?
The following airports are in close proximity to the Walter E. Washington Convention Center:
- Ronald Reagan National Airport (DCA) - CLOSEST
- Dulles International Airport (IAD)
- Baltimore Washington International Airport (BWI)
Shuttles, airport taxis, and regular taxis are available at the airports on a first come- first served basis. The Walter E. Washington Convention Center website provides driving and public transportation information from the major airports and interstates on their website.
ATTENDEE LIST - How can I obtain a pre-and post show attendee list?
AFCEA and INSA do not release their pre or post show attendee lists.
BADGES (exhibitors) – How can I register our booth personnel? How many badges is our company eligible for and what do they give us access to?
Registration is now open. Each exhibiting company will receive one complimentary full conference pass per 10’x10’ booth area. The pass allows the registrant to attend any or all of the sessions. Each pass must be assigned to an individual and is not transferable once the badge has been printed. Each company will receive one exhibit booth personnel badge, allowing access to the Exhibits ONLY. For questions regarding registration, please contact The Summit registration department at 703-449-6418 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
BUDGET - How do I work with a tight budget?
- Always order your services before the discount deadlines.
- Consolidate your freight and shrink wrap it to avoid additional material handling charges.
- For large groups, use shuttle transportation rather than individual taxi service.
- Always bring back up supplies so you don’t have to rent them at a premium at the show.
- Some items are more cost effective to bring on your own rather than renting them repeatedly at every show. (i.e. power strips, extension cords, artificial plants, waste basket etc.)
- Consider the costs of rental displays, carpet and booth furnishing versus shipping and material handling charges for your own display.
- Meet your freight target times (if applicable), and instruct your drivers to check in at the marshaling yard before the deadline time noted in the service manual to avoid additional surcharges.
- For larger booths, ship hanging signs and carpet in advance to allow for straight-time installation when possible.
CONFERENCE SCHEDULE - Where can I find a schedule of events?
A schedule of events is available online now.
CONTACTS - Who are my key contacts as an exhibitor?
Key Contacts are available here.
Exhibit Operations Contact
Exposition Operations Management
11208 Waples Mill Road - Suite 112
Fairfax, VA 22030
Most Exhibitors will incur/need:
- Material Handling/Drayage charges
- Shipping charges
- Booth furniture (i.e. draped tables, chairs, etc)
- Electric/Phone/internet connection
DEADLINES – What deadlines do I need to keep in mind as an exhibitor?
Most deadlines fall 30-45 days prior to the start of the exposition. A deadline checklist is available in the Exhibitor Service Manual.
DEMOGRAPHICS – What is the demographic breakdown of attendees?
Hundreds of qualified intelligence professionals from the public an private sector are expected at this event. Please contact Wendy Moore for more information.
DRESS CODE - What is the dress code for booth personnel?
The following appropriate dress guidance is issued for the conference:
- Military: ACU's/ASU's to the extent commanders have authorized them for "Off-Post/Base" wear; otherwise, "Uniform of the Day"
- Civilian: Business
No Levis or Hawaiian shirts or similar attire should be worn during the conference hours.
EXHIBITOR LIST - Who is exhibiting this year?
Please visit our website to see a current list of exhibitors and an interactive floor plan.
EXHIBITOR SERVICE MANUAL – Where can I access the exhibitor service manual?
The Exhibitor Service Manual is now available online.
EXPOSITION SCHEDULE– What are this year’s move-in, move-out and show hours?
Please click here to view the exhibit hall schedule. Please note that the schedule is subject to change.
HOTEL RESERVATIONS - How can I make hotel reservations? What are cut-off dates and what are the rates?
Please click here to view the hotel and travel information.
PHOTOGRAPHY - What is the photography/videography policy at The Summit?
Attendees are not permitted to photograph, record, or videotape any portion of the Intelligence and National Security Summit 2016 conference proceedings. Working members of the press are required to check in at the press desk at registration, in order to photograph and/or videotape at the show. No other photography, audio recording, or videography is permitted. Failure to comply with this policy shall result in confiscation of devices or material and administrative action under applicable government guidelines. Attendees understand that AFCEA, INSA and their authorized representatives (Show Management) may conduct interviews and may take photographs and/or videotape in any unclassified portion of the Intelligence and National Security Summit 2016 conference and exhibit hall. These photographs, videos and recordings are for use by Show Management in publications or other media material produced for the purposes of conference promotion including, but not limited to: brochures, invitations, books, newspapers, magazines, television, websites, etc. Attendees' and exhibitors' registration grants Show Management permission and consent for use of this photography and video.
SHUTTLE BUSES - Is there shuttle bus service available to the convention center?
Shuttle bus transportation is not available for The Summit.
SPONSORSHIPS – What type of sponsorship opportunities are available?
For patron/sponsorship information, please view the Sponsorship Opportunities module. Please contact iINSSExhibits@spargoinc.com or (703-631-6200) for further details or to reserve your opportunity.