FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
AGE RESTRICTIONS - Are there any age restrictions to get into the exhibit hall?
No one under the age of 18 is allowed in the exhibit hall at any time.
AIRPORT & TRANSPORTATION - What is the closest airport to the convention center and what transportation is available?
The following airport is in close proximity to the Tampa Convention Center:
Tampa International Airport (TPA) (9 miles; 15 minutes)
Shuttles and taxis are available at the airport on a first come- first served basis. The airport website provides ground transportation information. Taxi service from the airport to downtown Tampa is a $25 flat fee.
ATTENDEE LIST - How can I obtain a pre-and post show attendee list?
AFCEA does not release their pre or post show attendee lists.
BADGES (exhibitors) – How can I register our booth personnel? How many badges is our company eligible for and what do they give us access to?
Registration is now open. Each exhibiting company will receive two complimentary full conference passes per 10’x10’ booth area. These passes allows the registrants to attend any or all of the unrestricted sessions. Each pass must be assigned to an individual and is not transferable once the badge has been printed. Each company will receive unlimited exhibit booth personnel badges, allowing access to the Exhibits ONLY. For questions regarding registration, please contact the MILCOM registration department at 703-449-6418 or email@example.com.
BUDGET - How do I work with a tight budget?
- Always order your services before the discount deadlines.
- Consolidate your freight and shrink wrap it to avoid additional material handling charges.
- For large groups use shuttle transportation rather than individual taxi service.
- Always bring back up supplies so you don’t have to rent them at a premium at the show.
- Some items are more cost effective to bring on your own rather than renting them over and over again at every show. (i.e. power strips, extension cords, artificial plants, waste basket etc.)
- Consider the costs of rental displays, carpet and booth furnishing versus shipping and material handling charges for your own display.
- Meet your freight target times (if applicable), and instruct your drivers to check in at the marshaling yard before the deadline time noted in the service manual to avoid additional surcharges.
CONFERENCE SCHEDULE - Where can I find a schedule of events?
The schedule of events is still under development, please check back soon.
CONTACTS - Who are my key contacts as an exhibitor?
A list of Key Contacts can be found on the MILCOM exhibitor website.
Most Exhibitors will incur/need:
- Material Handling/Drayage charges
- Shipping charges
- Booth furniture (i.e. draped tables, chairs, etc)
- Electric/Phone/internet connection
DEADLINES – What deadlines do I need to keep in mind as an exhibitor?
Most deadlines fall 30-45 days prior to the start of the exposition. A deadline checklist is available in the exhibitor service manual.
DEMOGRAPHICS – What is the demographic breakdown of attendees?
Please contact Jenn Donovan (703-631-6200) for attendee demographic information.
DRESS CODE - What is the dress code for booth personnel?
The following appropriate dress guidance is issued for the conference:
- Military: ACU's/ASU's to the extent commanders have authorized them for "Off-Post/Base" wear; otherwise, "Uniform of the Day"
- Civilian: Business
- No Levis or Hawaiian shirts or similar attire should be worn during the conference hours.
EXHIBITOR LIST - Who is exhibiting this year?
Please visit our website to see a current list of exhibitors and an interactive floor plan.
EXHIBITOR SERVICE MANUAL – Where can I access the exhibitor service manual?
The exhibitor service manual is now available.
EXPOSITION SCHEDULE– What are this year’s move-in, move-out and show hours?
This exposition schedule (current as of July 27, 2015) is TENTATIVE and subject to change, please check back for updates.
HOTEL RESERVATIONS - How can I make hotel reservations? What are cut-off dates and what are the rates?
The official Housing Center is now open. Please click here to reserve your hotel rooms.
PHOTOGRAPHY - What is the photography/videography policy at MILCOM?
Attendees are not permitted to photograph, record, or videotape any portion of the MILCOM 2015 conference proceedings. Working members of the press are required to check in at the press desk at registration, in order to photograph and/or videotape at the show. No other photography, audio recording, or videography is permitted. Failure to comply with this policy shall result in confiscation of devices or material and administrative action under applicable government guidelines. Attendees understand that AFCEA and their authorized representatives (Show Management) may conduct interviews and may take photographs and/or videotape in any unclassified portion of the MILCOM 2015 conference and exhibit hall. These photographs, videos and recordings are for use by Show Management in publications or other media material produced for the purposes of conference promotion including, but not limited to: brochures, invitations, books, newspapers, magazines, television, websites, etc. Attendees' and exhibitors' registration grants Show Management permission and consent for use of this photography and video.
SHUTTLE BUSES - Is there shuttle bus service available to the convention center?
Shuttle bus transportation is not available for MILCOM.
SPONSORSHIPS – What type of sponsorship opportunities are available?
For patron/sponsorship information, please contact Jenn Donovan (703-631-6200).