Contribute to the Promise of Surgical Oncology Possibilities at SSO 2017
The ways in which we treat surgical patients with solid tumor cancers continue to advance; the possibilities for improving oncologic outcomes are promising. We invite you to join 1,700+ fellow surgical oncology pioneers and leaders to discover, discuss and drive what's possible in Seattle, Washington from March 15-18, 2017.
The picturesque, inspiring U.S. Northwest will be the backdrop for the 70th SSO Annual Cancer Symposium—the global gathering of surgical oncologists and other oncology professionals. Come experience exceptional networking and an education program that is unique in its ability to cover a broad range of important, timely and in-depth topics.
- Gain advanced knowledge, expanding your insight and exposure to the newest ideas through a multitude of presentations and workshops, many led by internationally recognized experts.
- Connect and collaborate with esteemed colleagues and old friends as you network between sessions, during scheduled Symposium activities, and at lively informal gatherings throughout the event.
- Discover the "best-of-the-best" selected abstracts, presented by their authors during two Plenary Sessions.
- Be inspired by more than 350 compelling and thought-provoking poster sessions, along with late-breaking videos showcased in the Exhibit Hall.
- Experience first-hand interaction with the latest, most advanced medical equipment, services, and solutions for surgical oncologists – exhibited by the leading companies in surgical oncology and the treatment of solid tumor cancers.
A Diverse Range of Professionals Add to the Possibilities
SSO 2017 expects to welcome 1,700+ total attendees, comprised of both academic and community practitioners and health care professionals from all surgical oncology specialties, treating all disease sites, including:
- Head and Neck
- Liver and Pancreas
Promising Innovations to Explore
SSO 2017 makes it convenient for attendees to explore a wide range of services and solutions via our top-tier exhibition. See the latest ideas that medical device, equipment, and technology exhibitors have to offer along with pharmaceutical companies – all created to enhance the practice of the surgical oncologist.
Seattle: A City and Landscape that Beckons
Seattle is an exciting urban city surrounded by unmatched natural beauty. Flanked by Mt. Rainier to the south, the Cascade Mountains to the East and Puget Sound to the West, there are an endless number of sights and activities to see and do. Not least the city of Seattle itself, where you’ll discover the world-renowned Pike Place Market, home of the flying fish and the original Starbucks, a thriving waterfront filled with ferries that will carry you to Bainbridge and Whidbey Islands, the fresh smell of salt in the air and shopping galore. You can also enjoy the uniqueness of city neighborhoods, including Pioneer Square, Capitol Hill, Queen Anne, Belltown and Fremont along with a multitude of other visitor-friendly, trendy and colorful urban neighborhoods. Home to leading biotechnology companies and health care institutions and organizations, Seattle’s beauty and charisma are complimented by the fact that it is a city known for innovation, forward-thinking leadership and scientific discovery.