SSO 2018 in Chicago: Experience the Spectrum of Innovation and Application
The spectrum of innovative treatments and patient applications widens day by day. To expand your knowledge—and your network of peers—we invite you to join us from March 21-24, 2018 for the 71st SSO Annual Cancer Symposium at McCormick Place Lakeside Center, Chicago, Illinois.
Rich with history in medical innovation, Chicago plays a significant role in the evolution of cancer care—from historical research contributions to contemporary surgical techniques.
- Emil Grubbe was the first to use x-rays to diagnose cancer—in 1898, in Chicago.
- In the labs at the University of Chicago, Dr. Leon Jacobson studied chemotherapy’s effectiveness as a treatment for lymphoma and leukemia.
- The Genomic Data Commons—the largest repository of cancer genomic data in the world—calls Sweet Home Chicago home.
- Two of the 47 National Cancer Institute Comprehensive Cancer Centers are located in Chicago.
- Chicago surgical oncologists were among the country’s first surgeons to effectively use the da Vinci Robotic Surgery System on gastrointestinal, lung and prostate cancers.
In short, Chicago embodies “The Spectrum of Innovation and Application.” So, come to Chicago for SSO 2018 and take your rightful place among your peers—both historical and contemporary.
Access A Spectrum of Education—Including Takeaways You Can Begin Applying Immediately
SSO 2018 will feature an education program that covers, research developments, clinical trials, new technology, and future trends in cancer care. Much of what you’ll learn you’ll be able to immediately integrate into your treatment of patients with solid tumor cancers.
- Gain advanced knowledge, expanding your insight and exposure to the newest ideas through a multitude of presentations and workshops, and apply much of what you learn at SSO 2018 to your own clinical work once you return home.
- Discover the "best-of-the-best" selected abstracts, presented by their authors during two plenary sessions.
- Be inspired by more than 400 compelling and thought-provoking posters, along with late-breaking videos showcased in the Exhibit Hall.
Connect with a Full Spectrum of Professionals
SSO 2018 expects to welcome more than 1,800 attendees, comprised of both academic and community practitioners and health care professionals from all surgical oncology specialties.
You’ll have the opportunity to connect and collaborate with colleagues and old friends as you network during scheduled Symposium activities, and at lively informal gatherings throughout the event. It’s a great way to meet the people behind the names on peer-reviewed studies. Will your next collaborator be at SSO 2018?
Innovation Ranges Far and Wide
SSO 2018 makes it convenient for attendees to explore a wide range of services and solutions via our top-tier exhibition. See the latest ideas that medical device, equipment, and technology exhibitors offer along with pharmaceutical companies – all created to enhance the practice of the surgical oncologist.
Take your rightful place alongside Chicagoans who have changed the course of cancer history: plan now to be at SSO 2018.