Continuing Medical Education Information
This activity is supported by independent educational grants from commercial interests. Complete information will be provided to participants prior to the activity.
This activity is intended for all surgeons and other healthcare professionals who are involved in the treatment of patients with cancer.
Overall Educational Objectives
- Describe recent updates and current controversies in the multidisciplinary management of patients with breast cancer, melanoma, sarcoma, pancreas and hepatobiliary malignancies, esophageal cancer, thyroid, adrenal cancer, gastric cancer, colorectal cancer, neuroendocrine tumors, and peritoneal surface malignancies.
- Discuss advances in basic and translational sciences, including demonstration of an understanding of prognostic and predictive assays as applicable to cancer care, through presentations of original research performed by members of the Society.
- Discuss the rationale for neoadjuvant therapy and/or genetic testing in the context of personalized cancer care.
- Discuss the goals of cost, value, and quality as applied to cancer care.
- Describe novel techniques in cancer surgery.
||The Society of Surgical Oncology (SSO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing
Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Society of Surgical Oncology (SSO) designates this live activity for AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME/Certificate of Attendance
Information about claiming CME credits or receiving a certificate of attendance will be posted soon.
The primary purpose of the SSO Annual Cancer Symposium is educational. Information, as well as technologies, products and/or services discussed, are intended to inform participants about the knowledge, techniques and experiences of specialists who are willing to share such information with colleagues. A diversity of professional opinions exists in the specialty and the SSO disclaims any and all liability for damages to any individual attending this conference and for all claims which may result from the use of information, technologies, products and/or services discussed at the conference.