An unique ground penetrating radar (GPR) solution for the early detection of concrete bridge decks deterioration, the RIS Hi-BrigHT has an innovative design and sophisticated software. RIS Hi-BrigHT revolutionises bridge inspection using GPR, enabling:
- Measurement of pavement and concrete slab and asphalt thickness;
- Determination of reinforcement cover depth and thickness;
- Automatic detection of rebars;
- Detection of areas affected by corrosion;
- Location of deck slab and protective concrete damage;
- Utilities mapping;
- Delamination detection.
The RIS Hi-BrigHT features:
- Massive antenna array: Two rows of eight double polarized 2GHz antennas provide highly detailed 3D underground tomography. Greater detail enables a more accurate diagnosis of bridge deck anomalies.
- Dual polarisation: Dual polarisation increases depth of penetration and quality of the imaging.
- Fast data collection: Hi-Bright is 1 meter wide and can scan a bridge with passes in a single direction. The time needed to inspect a bridge is reduced by 16 times compared to a single antenna ground penetrating radar.
- Automatic generated moisture map: The post processing software is able to automatically generate a map of the bridge deck’s general moisture zone. This map is obtained using a proprietary IDS algorithm.
Benefits of the RIS Hi-BrigHT include:
- Easy interpretation of data using software specifically designed for bridge analysis
- Reduction in blocked traffic due to a 10 times reduction in survey time
- More accurate planning
- Reduced bridge restoration costs