SSO 2020 Program is Designed for Advanced Learning and Optimal Networking within a Global Community
Attend SSO 2020 alongside nearly 2,000 surgical cancer care leaders from around the world and immerse yourself in this unique global community focused on advanced knowledge, insight and ideas that will help you navigate the continuous changes in cancer care. You’ll have access to a multitude of lectures, sessions, symposia and workshops, many led by internationally recognized experts.
SSO President-Elect James Howe, MD talks with Herb Zeh, MD, Chair of the SSO 2020 Scientific Program Committee about SSO 2020 program highlights.
Taking place March 25-28 in Boston, MA, SSO 2020 includes:
- A Schedule Specifically Designed to Enhance Your Experience! The 2020 program is designed by disease-site track, allowing you to focus on the content relevant to your practice. In addition, it is formatted in a way that provides more options than ever before to enhance your education and engage with others in the global surgical cancer care community. Session start and end times are varied slightly this year and shorter sessions are included in the program to allow you to optimize your time and enjoy your experience.
- 3 Invited Lecturers and the SSO Presidential Address spread out over the course of the program.
- 15 Symposia Sessions, many of them 45-minutes, covering current controversies, new developments and pivotal scientific updates.
- Best of the Best Abstracts covering the latest science and clinical trials in breast, colorectal, endocrine, hepato-pancreato-biliary, melanoma, peritoneal surface malignancies, quality improvement/clinical outcomes, sarcoma, thoracic, upper gastrointestinal, and more. The SSO 2020 program will include:
- 2 plenary sessions
- 12 disease-site parallel sessions
- Video sessions
- Over 350 ePosters—SSO is transitioning to all ePosters, with each poster accepted this year included in a topical session and assigned a specific timeslot for discussion in one of the five disease-site zones in the SSO HUB
- SSO HUB, the new interactive experience that is replacing the conventional exhibit hall. Five clinical zones will make up the HUB, each showcasing disease-related challenging cases, updates on clinical trials, controversies, tumor boards, ePoster discussions, abstract videos and industry updates.
- 1 Great Debate session with four leading surgeons debating two controversial topics.
- 3 Pre-Meeting Courses designed to provide an emphasis on practical information for the practicing surgeon. Additional session details coming soon.
- Industry Spotlight Sessions, Industry Forums and Industry Satellite Symposia.
Overall Educational Objectives for SSO 2020
- Summarize recent updates and current controversies in the multidisciplinary management of patients with breast cancer, melanoma, sarcoma, pancreas and hepatobiliary malignancies, thyroid, gastric cancer, colorectal cancer, genomics, and peritoneal surface malignancies.
- Review and employ treatment methods and procedures from 2018 practice changing studies in breast, melanoma, sarcoma, pancreas and hepatobiliary malignancies, gastric cancer, colorectal cancer, and endocrine cancers.
- Analyze and explain payment reform and quality as applied to cancer care.
- Discern and apply novel techniques in cancer surgery.