ePoster Presentation Preparation Guidelines
The following important information should be read by all poster session presenters in preparation for SSO 2020.
SSO has transitioned to an ePoster format for posters at SSO 2020. Please read the full information below.
We ask that you prepare one widescreen 16:9 PPT slide with your complete poster information. This will make on-demand viewing of your poster possible.
All posters have been assigned a 5-minute time slot for presentation. Please prepare a 2-3 minutes presentation on your poster and allow 2-3 minutes for moderator-led conversation around your topic. Participant engagement is encouraged. Please arrive in advance of your assigned time slot and keep to your assigned 5 minutes out of respect for the other presenters.
ePoster presenters will receive an email from Freeman AV (our AV contractor) in early-August that will include a link and individual login credentials to submit their presentations online prior to the start of the meeting.
Acceptable formats for presentations:
- PowerPoint (.ppt), (.pptx)
- Adobe Acrobat (.pdf)
- Your draft presentation must be uploaded for the session moderator’s review and preparation by Monday, August 10, 2020.
- Your final presentation must be uploaded into Freeman’s Orchestrate system by Monday, August 17, 2020 and verified in the Speaker Ready Room no later than 4 hours prior to your session start time. All ePosters will be available for on-demand perusal starting at 8 am on Thursday.
PREPARATION FOR ALL EPOSTERS
- Prepare a heading to appear across the top of the board listing your poster number (ex: P500), title and authors.
- A copy of your abstract, should be included as you see fit.
- Keep text and legends short.
- All material must be readable from distances of three feet or more. You are strongly encouraged to use type at least 22-point type, using bold type to ensure legibility.
- Make all print dark (we recommend block style) on a very light, preferably white, background.
- Please do not use a dark-colored background for your type.
- Keep your presentation concise and the number of pieces to a minimum.
- Charts, drawings and illustrations should be similar to those you would otherwise use in making slides and, if anything, cruder and more heavily drawn.
- Keep everything as simple as possible; avoid "artsy" or overly ornate presentations - block letters can be very useful here to add emphasis and clarity.
- It helps the viewer a great deal if you can indicate (by numbers, letters, or arrows) a preferred sequence that might be followed in studying your material.
- Your poster should be self-explanatory so that you are free to supplement the information and discuss particular points raised by inquiry during the poster session. The poster session potentially provides a more intimate forum for the informal discussion than the regular presentations, but this becomes more difficult if you are obliged to devote most of your time to merely explaining your poster to a succession of visitors.
SSO 2020 PowerPoint Template
If you would like to use the SSO 2020 PowerPoint template, please click on the link below to download it. Utilizing this template will ensure your presentation is branded consistently with the event.
SSO 2020 PowerPoint Template
All screens will be in the 16:9 ratio (1920x1080). Please format your presentation accordingly.
Click here for instructions on how to convert 4:3 slides to 16:9 wide screen slides.
Personal laptops cannot be used in the session rooms or HUB theaters. You must load your files online or via the Speaker Ready Room. However, support is available in the Speaker Ready Room for file transfers from your laptop. You should still bring a backup of the presentation on alternate media (see list of acceptable formats above). Please make sure you have all power, video, and networking adapters with you.
During Your Presentation
Each HUB Zone Theater will be staffed with a technician to assist in starting each presentation. Once the presentation is launched, the presenter will control the program from near the screen using a computer mouse or the right/left keys on a keyboard.
How to Submit Your Presentation
NOTE: This is for uploading your presentation to the Virtual Speaker Room.
Submission before the Meeting:
Presenters will be able to submit their files online, to a file size limit of 2GB. (Larger files can be uploaded onsite.) You will receive your login credentials via email in early-August prior to the event. If you upload your presentation files via the website, you will have faster check in at the Speaker Ready Room.
On-site Submission and Check In:
Check in at the Speaker Ready Room (preferably on Wednesday or early-Thursday) to submit your files and to preview your presentation. If checking in on the day of your session, please come by at least 6 hours prior to the start of your session. (Note: This refers to the session start time, not the presentation start time). The speaker ready technicians will assist with the upload of your files and provide the opportunity to preview and/or edit the presentation as necessary.
Bring a Backup:
Be sure to bring a backup copy of your presentation with you to the meeting. If you plan to upload files on-site, bring two copies.
Speaker Ready Room
Checking in at the Speaker Ready Room is the most important step you will take to ensure a successful presentation.
If you are unavoidably delayed, you must still go directly to the Speaker Ready Room. Do not bring a laptop or other media device to the session room.
When reviewing your presentation, make sure all fonts, images, and animations appear correctly. The computers in the Speaker Ready Room are the same as those in the meeting rooms, therefore if the presentation does not play properly in the Speaker Ready Room, it will not play properly in the SSO HUB.
We ask that you upload your final ePoster by Monday, August 17. All ePosters will be available for on-demand perusal starting at 8 am on Thursday.
When you are finished reviewing and/or editing your presentation, tell the technician you have viewed your presentation file before you leave the Speaker Ready Room. Freeman will then transfer your file to the SSO HUB Zone Theater.
If you have any questions concerning your presentation, please call or e-mail SSO Education at 847-427-1400, or firstname.lastname@example.org.