1. Will there be a virtual exhibit hall and what hours will it be open?
Yes, AACC has selected Freeman as their virtual event platform partner and there is a comprehensive exhibit hall component to that platform. The exhibit hall can be accessed by attendees 24/7. The exhibit hall live Q&A official times will be Monday – Thursday from 10 AM – 2 PM CT. Exhibitors should plan staff availability to answer questions during these hours. Exhibitors and attendees are able to set up appointments 24/7 through the virtual platform.
2. Where can I find a list of the virtual exhibitors?
The current exhibitor list can be found here. AACC will update this list as we transition from an in-person meeting to a virtual meeting.
3. I am currently an exhibitor in the 2020 AACC Annual Scientific Meeting & Clinical Lab Expo and want to participate in the virtual expo and sponsorship program, what are the available options?
AACC is actively working on the available exhibit and sponsorship packages. You will be contacted by SPARGO, our exhibit and sponsorship sales partner, to discuss the options.
4. If we elect not to exhibit in the virtual format, will our company lose their 2020 priority points?
Yes, if your company cancels their participation, it will forfeit its priority points and the ability to participate in the Advance Space Selection for the 2021 AACC Annual Scientific Congress & Clinical Lab Expo, in Anaheim, CA.
5. When will we receive the virtual deliverables, submission deadlines, and specifications for the virtual event?
SPARGO will send a comprehensive email with deadlines, rules and regulations and other pertinent information in October. The platform will be ready to access in November.
6. Will we be able to get metrics on who visited our booth?
Yes, you will be provided with over all show attendance numbers. You will receive specific attendee data for any attendee who opts to “Drop a Card” at your booth and/or schedules an appointment. You will be provided with the contact information the attendee puts on their registration form.
7. Will we be able to view and test our booth before the virtual exhibit hall is live?
Yes, you will be able to see your exhibit approximately 2 weeks before the site goes live.
8. How many booth staff members are we allowed to have in the virtual booth?
Badge allotments are as follows;
7 - Exhibitor Level, 14 -Enhanced Level, 25 - Premium Level, 50- Platinum Level and 150 - VIP Level
9. Are we still allowed to have giveaways?
Yes, but you must still comply with the rules and regulations regarding giveaways. The exhibitor is responsible for notifying the prize winners and getting the prizes to the attendees. It is recommended that you incorporate gamification into your booth to help drive traffic to your virtual exhibit.
10. What if I have already purchased a sponsorship for the live meeting?
Any sponsorships that can transition to the virtual setting will be transferred. The SPARGO sales team will reach out to those that have sponsorships that can’t be transferred and work with you on ways to reallocate those funds to viable sponsorships.
11. Will there be any virtual platform training?
Please click on this link to access the video walk through of the platform.
You will need to enter this password H#k#7Xp$. The demonstration starts with an introduction from Jamie Simpson, AACC’s Director of Meetings at 5 minutes and 34 seconds.
1. Will posters be included in the virtual meeting?
Yes, the meeting will contain ePosters and poster presentations. More details on the poster session and submissions will come in the next few weeks.
Registration and Housing
1. How do I register for the virtual meeting?
Registration options for the virtual meeting will be announced soon, and both members and non-members will be able to register online beginning September 15. The registration site for the virtual meeting will be live September 15.
2. What if I have already registered?
If you have already registered, you will be contacted with instructions for modifying your current registration.
3. What if I have already booked a hotel room?
If you have made a hotel reservation through the AACC housing site, your reservation will be cancelled automatically. Your credit card will not be charged.
4. What is included in my meeting registration?
The full registration fee includes access to all educational programming, plenary sessions, virtual exhibits, posters, and networking.
6. What will I need to attend virtually?
Participants will need a computer, internet connection, and audio (functioning sound card with attached speakers installed or headphones). A video camera, while optional, will enhance the ability of participants to interact with others and take full advantage of the networking opportunities.
1. Will there be an agenda for the virtual meeting?
Yes, there will be an agenda and it will be posted on the AACC website as soon as it is finalized.
2. Will exhibitors have access to the educational sessions?
Yes, exhibitors will be able to view sessions.