Call for Stump the Professor Case Submission
Calling All Junior Fellows!
The search is on for four complex and challenging cases to be showcased during the Gerald and Barbara Holzman Stump the Professor session at the virtual 2021 Annual Clinical and Scientific Meeting (ACSM).
Do you have an unusual case that you’ll never forget? Have you ever had a case that baffled you and your colleagues? Submit your case and try to stump an elite panel of professors. Cases should be based upon obstetrics, gynecology, oncology, reproductive endocrinology and infertility, or urogynecology.
Stump the Professor Case Submission Requirements and Guidelines
Stump the Professor Cases must be submitted online through the online submission site at the end of this page. Only submissions from ACOG Junior Fellows will be considered.
Please ensure the accuracy of your contact information and review the abstract for grammar, spelling and punctuation prior to submission. Stump the Professor Case information will not be alterable after the submission site has closed. Please print a copy of your submission for your records. Incomplete submissions will NOT be considered.
Please also note that the applicant submitting the case is responsible for providing information for all of the authors, collecting disclosures during submission, and notifying all of the authors regarding the case submission’s acceptance or rejection.
The deadline to submit Stump the Professor Cases for consideration is Monday, March 1, at 11:59 p.m. E.T. Winners will be notified on or before March 19, 2021.
Winners will receive complimentary registration to the 2021 ACSM.
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Submitter - The submitter is responsible for providing contact information for all secondary authors. This information must include their full names, degrees and their own unique email addresses for inclusion on the case submission. The Submitter must provide:
• Full Name
• Email address and Phone number
- Author(s) Information – Please create a list of authors for each submission and provide contact information for each author. No more than six (6) authors can be listed and only submissions from ACOG Junior Fellows will be considered. At least one author must be an ACOG member with an ACOG ID listed. The following author(s) details are required:
• Full name(s);
• Email address and phone number;
• Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country;
• ACOG membership information (if applicable).
Submission Case Requirements
To ensure the integrity of submissions the submitter is required to complete a form providing case information on:
• Institutional Review Board (IRB) and/or Animal Use Committee Approval (if applicable to the case submitted)
• Patient Informed Consent and Protected Health Information (if applicable)
• Off-Label Drug Use (if applicable)
• Trade Names for (if applicable)
Disclosures and Author/Speaker Agreement
The submitter is responsible for providing contact information for all secondary authors. This information must include their full names, degrees and their own unique email addresses for inclusion on the case submission.
The Disclosures and Author/Speaker Agreement forms must be filled out by each author individually before the case is submitted. The submitter will be able to invite each author through the submission site to complete their own disclosure form. Each author will receive an email invitation that will allow them to sign in and access their own disclosure form to fill out for this submission. If all of the individual forms have not been completed the case submission will be deemed incomplete and will not be reviewed or considered.
Stump the Professor Case Presentation
Please DO NOT include artwork, images, or tables/graphs during this submission process. The text should be organized into six section headings as follows:
• Medical History
• Physical Exam
• Clinical Course
• Case Final Diagnosis
Review and Selection Process
Four cases will be selected for 2021 Annual Clinical and Scientific Meeting. All submissions received by the published due date will be independently reviewed and scored by the Committee on Scientific Program based on the following criteria:
• Contribution to the field of obstetrics and gynecology in terms of scientific rigor and the novelty and originality of case findings;
• Overall clarity of writing and comprehensiveness in the presentation of the case’s background and medical history, clinical course, lab
diagnostics,combined with an unexpected or unusual final diagnosis;
• Clinical relevance;
• Pertinence to the interests of ACOG membership;
• Timeliness of the topic;
• Overall impact and quality.
Questions? Contact email@example.com