SSO 2017 Video Abstract Submission Instructions
After its continued success at SSO 2016, the Society of Surgical Oncology will again offer multimedia sessions highlighting video presentations depicting innovative techniques used to treat common or complex problems, interesting cases or demonstrations, or new therapies or applications for a specific disease site.
Videos will be submitted for peer review and selection will be based on the following criteria: content, quality, and interest level. Promotional videos (personal or commercial) will not be considered.
Video abstracts must be uploaded and submitted on the
ScholarOne Abstract Central site by September 26, 2016
Video files must be uploaded to the SSO 2017 Video Abstract
on Google Drive no later than September 26, 2016.
Instructions for Submitting a Video Abstract:
- Login or create an account on the ScholarOne Abstract Central site. Full abstract submission details can be found by going to the Call for Abstracts page. To begin your submission, click on the link below the abstract categories.
- Follow the instructions to "Create a New Submission" and complete all fields.
- In Step 2, select "Video Session Only" under "Presentation Type."
- Complete the remainder of the submission form accordingly. To note:
o Do not include a table or graphic in your video abstract.
o Video submissions are not eligible for awards.
o Video files submitted without a submitted abstract will not be considered.
- Be sure to note your Abstract Submission Control ID number. This number is (7) digits and is unique to your submission. You will need this when uploading your video file.
Instructions for Submitting a Video File:
- Please rename your file to your Abstract Submission Control ID number so staff and the review committee can easily navigate the submissions.
o For example: 2014995.mp4
- Once you are ready to submit your video, please click on the following link to upload your video:
- Click “Sign In” on the top right of the screen
o If you have a Gmail Account, feel free to sign in with your own credentials
o If you do not have a Gmail Account, you may sign in with the following:
o Login: SSOpresenter@gmail.com
o Password: SSO2017!
- Once signed in, click the “Open in Drive” button on the top right of the screen
- To upload your presentation file, either:
o Click the red Up arrow icon on the left of your screen to select your file, then click “Upload and Share”
o Drag and drop your file into the middle of the screen
o Please note: this folder and files are only available to those who have the link. This link and its’ contents are private.
- Once your file has been successfully uploaded, it will say “Upload Complete.” SSO staff will follow up with you within a week to confirm successful upload of your video.
- If you are logged into the SSO Presenter Account, please logout at this time by clicking on the email address at the top right and selecting “Sign Out”.
If you have any questions regarding uploading your video, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Commercial support must be acknowledged prior to the beginning of the video presentation. Acknowledgment may state the name, mission, and areas of clinical involvement of the company or institution and may include corporate logos and slogans, if they are not product promotional in nature. Videos may not include advertisements or promotions of products. As a reminder, the ACCME defined commercial interests as, any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients. Commercial support is financial, or in-kind, contributions given by a commercial interest which is used to pay all or part of the costs of a CME activity.
- The designated presenter of the video selected must register for SSO 2017 and attend for the presentation and discussion.
- All videos must be uploaded to the SSO 2017 Video Abstract site no later than September 26, 2016. Submitted videos, if accepted, become the intellectual property of SSO.
- Acceptable file size: up to 4.7 GB
- Acceptable frame size: no smaller than full screen (640 x 480 or 720 x 820 pixels)
- Length of Video: 8 minutes (maximum)
- Videos must include a voiceover in clear English language for the review process (Note: If selected for the program, the audio will not be used. Presenters must be able to narrate the video live and answer audience questions.)
If you have questions regarding this process, please email or call Julie Rossberger, Education Coordinator via email@example.com, 847-427-1400, ext. 120.
Full abstract submission details can be found by going to the Call for Abstracts page. To begin your submission, click on the link below the abstract categories.
Note: SSO will send confirmations of receipt of videos. Please wait one week after your video has been uploaded to contact the SSO office to inquire about the status of your video. Authors of accepted videos will be contacted in mid-October. All others will be notified by November.
***PDF Version of these instructions