SSO 2018 Call for Abstracts and Videos is now closed. Thank you to allthose who submitted.
The SSO Scientific Program Committee invites you to submit your abstracts and videos for the 71st Annual Cancer Symposium, taking place March 21-24, in Chicago, IL.
The Scientific Program Committee encourages both SSO members and surgeons involved in cancer care to submit their work and make this the best Annual Meeting yet.
- DEADLINE: The Call for Abstracts will close Monday, Oct. 2 at 11:59 pm ET.* No extensions will be granted.
- ABSTRACT NOTIFICATIONS will be sent by mid-November, 2017.
- ABSTRACT WITHDRAWAL DEADLINE: Friday, December 1, 2017.
- SYMPOSIUM: March 21-24, 2018
Abstract Categories include:
- Hepato-pancreato-biliary (including pancreas)
- Other: Urology/Head & Neck
- Quality Improvement/Clinical Outcomes
- Upper Gastrointestinal (lips to ileocecal valve, including esophagus and stomach)
- Sub-categories: Team Science and Disparities in Surgical Oncologic Care
- Video - Techniques or Interesting Cases for Specific Disease Sites
To submit an abstract, or to edit a previously started submission, please click here.
At the 2018 meeting, SSO members, residents, fellows and other surgical oncology professionals will be able to choose from multiple disease site tracks which include original research, Great Debates, Meet the Professor breakfasts, guest lectures by renowned surgeons and symposia addressing controversies in surgical oncology. There will be various Wednesday pre-meeting courses offered; details to come.
All reviewers, session planners and invited faculty will be required to disclose all financial relationships through the online system, helping to ensure high-quality, unbiased presentations and compliance with CME regulations. In addition, all authors must disclose all financial relationships during the submission process before their abstract will be considered and graded.
Please click here for more details on SSO abstract contests and awards.
For Frequently Asked Questions, please click here. If you have any questions regarding the Call for Abstracts or SSO 2018, please call the SSO during business hours at 847-427-1400, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Given the increasing resources required to manage the Society’s abstract review management process, the SSO has enacted a $60.00 submission fee for each abstract submitted for consideration to the Annual Cancer Symposium.