Poster Presentations: Important Dates and Times
Scientific Program Posters
For the first time at SSO, posters are evolving to an ePoster format and will be displayed in disease-site areas throughout the exhibit hall. All posters accepted via the SSO 2019 Call for Abstracts process will be required to upload their digital poster file, which will be available on kiosks in the hall, and online to attendees. SSO staff will be in communication with all poster presenters in early February with ePoster submission instructions.
In addition, the top 25% of posters will be highlighted by also having a physical poster in the exhibit hall on Thursday and Friday, similar to past years. Poster presenters will be notified in early February if they’ve been selected for this poster format.
Global Partner Posters Program
SSO’s Global Partner Posters Program is an important component of the Society’s efforts to advance its Mission to improve multidisciplinary patient care by advancing the science and practice of cancer surgery worldwide. Top abstracts from international surgical oncology and relevant cancer surgery meetings and their presenters are invited to be a part of the SSO Annual Cancer Symposium. These posters are identified by the leadership and program committees of the societies as the top abstracts presented at their various meetings in 2018. All Global Partner Posters will have a physical poster in the exhibit hall on Thursday and Friday. They can also submit an ePoster as well.
Physical Poster Set-up and Tear-down
- Set-up: 7:30-9:15 am on Thursday, March 28 in the Sails Pavilion.
- Your poster board will be labeled with your poster ID (i.e. P600). Only use the poster board you are assigned to.
- All posters must be removed from the Exhibit Hall on Friday, March 29, after 4 pm. Posters remaining on display after Friday afternoon will be dismantled and discarded. To request alternate arrangements, please contact the SSO office prior to the meeting.
Authors are requested to be at their posters to answer questions during lunch on Thursday and Friday but may wish to be available at other times should attendees have questions regarding their presentation. Posters chosen for the Poster Grand Rounds will be notified in early February.
Posters may be viewed at the following times:
Thursday, March 28
- 9:30-10:30 am – Exhibit Hall Opening Refreshment Break
- 12-1:15 pm – Exhibit Hall Lunch (REQUIRED)
- 2:30-3:30 pm – Refreshment Break in the Exhibit Hall
- 5-6 pm – Happy Hour
Friday, March 29
- 9:30-10:15 am – Refreshment Break in the Exhibit Hall
- 11:45 am-1 pm – Exhibit Hall Lunch (REQUIRED)
- 3:15-4 pm – Ice Cream Break in the Exhibit Hall
Poster Grand Rounds
To highlight a number of high-quality poster submissions, Poster Grand Rounds are again being planned for SSO 2019. During these sessions, top scoring poster presentations will be discussed by moderators in at ePoster stations in the Sails Pavilion in the disease site areas. Discussion and comments will be encouraged in the Grand Rounds.
Presenters of the posters chosen for inclusion in the Poster Grand Rounds will be informed if their poster has been selected in early February. Please plan your travel accordingly.
SSO 2019 Poster Grand Round Schedule
Thursday, March 28 during Lunch from 12:30-1 pm
- Breast 1 – Breast/Melanoma disease site area
- Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary – Colorectal/HPB/UGI disease site area
- Quality Improvements/Clinical Outcomes – Quality/Outcomes, Endocrine, Other, Sarcoma, and Thoracic disease site area
- Global Partner Posters Program 1 – Global Partner Posters Program area
Thursday, March 28 during the Break from 2:45-3:15 pm
- Breast 2 – Breast/Melanoma disease site area
- Colorectal – Colorectal/HPB/UGI disease site area
- Sarcoma – Quality/Outcomes, Endocrine, Other, Sarcoma, and Thoracic disease site area
- Global Partner Program 2 – Global Partner Posters Program area
Friday, March 29 from 7-7:25 am
- Clinical Poster Award Nominees – Room 20 Foyer
Friday, March 29 from 7:30-7:55 am
- Research Poster Award Nominees – Room 20 Foyer
Friday, March 29 during Lunch from 12:15-12:45 pm
- Melanoma – Breast/Melanoma disease site area
- Thoracic, Endocrine and Other – Quality/Outcomes, Endocrine, Other, Sarcoma, and Thoracic disease site area
- Upper Gastrointestinal – Colorectal/HPB/UGI disease site area
- Global Partner Program 3 – Global Partner Posters Program area
Call4Posters® is SSO’s Preferred Poster Printing Partner
While you prepare for your upcoming poster presentation, we wanted to provide you with information on this unique poster printing service. More than 50 US and International medical societies and institutions have selected Call4Posters® as their poster printing partner for their annual meetings and scientific conferences.
- State-of-the-art printers with InstantDry print technology for a smudge-free, crisp result every time
- High quality tear-resistant paper, ideal for detailed print jobs including scientific graphs and charts
- Proof reading services by professionals with experience in the medical and scientific research field
- Free, pre-formatted poster templates to make building your poster easier
- Direct delivery to the conference location means no carrying, no checked bag fees and no need to arrange delivery
- Onsite Call4Posters® customer service available during the meeting to answer any questions
Click here to place an order for printing your poster in advance and picking it up on site at the convention center.