High purity extraction beads enabling low limits of detection
New SeraSil-Mag silica coated superparamagnetic particles (beads) are designed for diagnostic DNA extraction applications from biofluids and liquid biopsy samples, and are particularly effective when only trace amounts of DNA are available. The beads provide an optimal binding surface with regular morphology to optimize binding efficiency and reduce variability. SeraSil-Mag beads make the transition from column purification to bead-based purification easy and provide high-purity extraction enabling low limits of detection, assay after assay.
In high throughput nucleic acid extraction applications, magnetic particles have become the method of choice, replacing the more complex processing associated with column-based approaches. Binding capacity is always of interest, but in cases where the input sample is scare, maximum levels of DNA capture and lowest unspecific binding are required. With the trend clearly moving towards extraction for clinical applications, the focus is placed on increasing the throughput of nucleic acid purification by using faster, easy to handle, automated and safer procedures that deliver results every time.
GE Healthcare’s expertise and knowledge in magnetic bead technology through its existing range of Sera-Mag beads support this exciting introduction of SeraSil-Mag beads.
SeraSil-Mag beads offer:
- High magnetization (60 emu/g) and strong binding capacity give fast magnetic response (~5 secs) and shorten time of magnetic steps during isolation.
- Beads are monodispersed with narrow size distribution for reproducibility.
- Silanol hydroxyl groups on the surface give efficient, high purity isolation of nucleic acids.
- DNA-tested for high sensitivity and accuracy.
- Good buoyancy stability (low sedimentation rate): beads are well suspended and dispersed for over 90 mins at 1 mg/ml concentration* providing good handling and automation
- Particles are uniform in size (submicroscale diameter: ~700 nm and ~400 nm) offering choice based on surface requirements.
For more information please visit: gelifesciences.com/SeraSil-Mag.
*The beads may settle faster at higher concentration.